- First release on PyPI.
- NEW: Includes primary optimization techniques such as global-best PSO and local-best PSO - #1, #3
- FIX: Added a patch to fix
- NEW: Native GridSearch and RandomSearch implementations for finding the best hyperparameters in controlling swarm behaviour - #4, #20, #25. Contributed by @SioKCronin. Thanks a lot!
- NEW: Added tests for hyperparameter search techniques - #27, #28, #40. Contributed by @jazcap53. Thank you so much!
- IMPROVED: Updated structure of Base classes for higher extensibility
- NEW: New topologies: Pyramid, Random, and Von Neumann. More ways for your particles to interact! - #176, #177, #155, #142. Thanks a lot @whzup!
- NEW: New GeneralOptimizer algorithm that allows you to switch-out topologies for your optimization needs - #151. Thanks a lot @whzup!
- NEW: All topologies now have a static attribute. Neigbors can now be set initially or computed dynamically - #164. Thanks a lot @whzup!
- NEW: New single-objective functions - #168. Awesome work, @jayspeidell!
- NEW: New tutorial on Inverse Kinematics using Particle Swarm Optimization - #141. Thanks a lot @whzup!
- NEW: New plotters module for visualization. The environment module is now deprecated - #135
- IMPROVED: Keyword arguments can now be passed in the
optimize()method for your custom objective functions - #144. Great job, @bradahoward
- NEW: The console output is now generated by the
Reportermodule - #227
- NEW: A
@costdecorator which automatically scales to the whole swarm - #226
- FIX: A bug in the topologies where the best position in some topologies was not calculated using the nearest neighbours - #253
- FIX: Swarm init positions - #249 Thanks @dfhljf!
- IMPROVED: Better naming for the benchmark functions - #222 Thanks @nik1082!
- IMPROVED: Error handling in the
- IMPROVED: New management method for dependencies - #263
- DEPRECATED: The environments module is now deprecated - #217
This is the first major release of PySwarms. Starting today, we will be adhering to a better semantic versioning guidelines. We will be updating the project wikis shortly after. The maintainers believe that PySwarms is mature enough to merit a version 1, this would also help us release more often (mostly minor releases) and create patch releases as soon as possible.
Also, we will be maintaining a quarterly release cycle, where the next minor release (v.1.0.0) will be on June. All enhancements and new features will be staged on the
development branch, then will be merged back to the
master branch at the end of the cycle. However, bug fixes and documentation errors will merit a patch release, and will be merged to
- NEW: Boundary and velocity handlers to resolve stuck particles - #238 . All thanks for our maintainer, @whzup !
- FIX: Duplication function calls during optimization, hopefully your long-running objective functions won’t take doubly long. - #266. Thank you @danielcorreia96 !